topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Things You Never Expect to Learn from Being a Parent

I got new kitchen towels within the past month.
This is something that was sorely past due.
My new towels are nice.

Daya uses nutritional yeast and wiped her yeasty hands directly on the towel.
I saw this and asked her to rinse first, the towel is not a napkin, and I put the towel in the wash.

It came out stained.

I actually was surprised, I didn't think nutritional yeast would stain anything.


I spoke with her about it, but calmly and nicely.

While I'm not exactly angry... that's not the right word,,,  about my brand new towel being stained, I have that frustration...? disappointment...?? deflated...??? weariness...?? what is that word??? of someone else coming along and messing up my brand new stuff. 

The cats are worse than the kid, now that Daya is older.

Anyhow I learned that nutritional yeast stains, so be careful out there!!

1 comment:

  1. Another lesson here could be, purchase dark colored towels. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!