topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, May 07, 2023

The 4am Day

I crashed last night at.... 9:30.
Yes, I can be fun like that on Saturday nights.

Although I did sleep very well the problem was that I was Wide! Awake! at 4am.
It was useless going back to sleep so I just stayed up.

The cats woke up eventually and the sun came up.
Sharon's cats are bonkers.







I left at about 7am and went home.

**********
It's so nice out today, and I felt like I should be out painting.
Even though I am in a daze from being up at 4am.
So I decided to check out Roosevelt Island.
I was thinking at first to do another painting of the Smallpox Hospital, it's a guaranteed good subject.

Before painting I decided to walk around the very southern tip of the island- I actually have never been in the park there before.

It's pretty cool.
Great panting spots, but not on a beautiful mid-day May Sunday.
Too crowded.

So I walked around and settled on a water view instead.
It's a quick painting, 2 hours, 8x10 oil







Here are pics from around Roosevelt Island.
It's such a cool place.














1 comment:

  1. Busy busy. I love the river birch trees. One of my favorite treees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!