topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 22, 2023

I am batshit crazy but I found the tree

I went for a walk after work in The Ramble, and as it turns out this is an absolutely wonderful thing to do on long warm evenings and I will do it again.  It’s so peaceful, and the weekend crowds are gone.  Locals with their dogs go there, and it is quiet.

Yes of course I was looking for my tree.

And……..yeah I found the location, which was the second of 2 spots I was pretty sure of.
It does look completely different.

I matched it up from this photo……

2009

2023


It’s the bench, tree, path, and streetlight that match up:


So ok, spot verified and actually my memory was pretty spot-on, it’s just completely overgrown now where it wasn’t.

It is not a good painting spot.
Also FWIW trying to locate a specific tree from 14 year old photos is a terrible idea, I do not recommend it one bit.


The tree itself… it’s actually a double tree.  I either found it and it’s much bigger, or it is dead. 
Could be either one.




It might be this dead pair……



Oh well.
I guess the matter is resolved and I won’t be revisiting my first plein air.

************
Birds!
There are birds!

The Ramble is apparently a great place for bird watching.
I watched some birds and they watched me, too.







1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the tree and surrounds. Pretty birdies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!