topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 06, 2023

Juilliard Plein Air

The weather is FINALLY cooperating so I finally got over to paint Juilliard.
I need a matching painting to the LaGuardia plein air.

Obviously we all knew this was going to happen.

I left really early, like 7am.  Best to get there early.

Also, coming up the subway stairs I found $30!!
I did not see who dropped it... and it was very weird how the train just got off but no one was on the stairs in front of me, and that $30 was just waiting.

I am sure it is one of the refunds I'm constantly asking the Universe for.


Although I have been scoping the area out for a while, I never did find a good spot... but I found the perfect spot this morning!

I thought the painting would take between 3 1/2-4 hours, but it took almost 5 hours!
Maybe a little less, maybe 4 1/2 total because I talked to a lot of people today.
Lincoln Center is a great place to paint because the people in the area are pretty cool.

8x10 oil
(I only had to do the lettering twice!)






I met a lot of very cool people, including a dance photographer (we talked whole I was packing up for almost a half hour) and a first-year dancer at Juilliard who knows Daya!

This is Jared.
I guess Daya will see more of him over the next three years.



*********
Tonight I am at Sharon's for a quick 1 night pet-sitting event.
They are gone this weekend for a couple of nights, and since they are back late tomorrow they asked if I could check on thigs and feed the cats and the guinea pig.



It's only 1 night so I am couch-surfing. They have a very comfy couch.



1 comment:

  1. Your painting was meant to be. As was the $$. Lucky rodent to have you taking care of it. The salad looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!