I'm a pretty relaxed traveler in general.
My super stressy time is getting out the door and getting to the airport on-time.
Once we get past that, I'm fine.
We flew out of JFK.
I love the Air Train.
Daya and I always like to be on the end and look out the window over the tracks.
We also both like window seats.
So we didn't sit next to each other.
This is ok.
We left NYC which was 72 and sunny.
Charleston was much colder and... RAINING.
What?? Just like when we went to LA! VERY unusual!!
I thought I would recognize my Aunt Carole, even though I haven't seen her for 16 years.
I did not recognize her and we had a good laugh about it.
We went out for sushi and I saw my cousin Michael, Carole's son.
I also have not seen him for 16 years.
His fiancée Brit joined, and they are both very cool.
2 aunts stayed in the car while Michael and Brit took us for a walk in the rain to a bridge park area, I forgot the name of the bridge but it is pretty cool.
I LEARNED A NEW THING......
Perhaps you have seen pineapples are popular.
There is a pineapple fountain in Charleston, and I guess they say it means hospitality.
But I learned the Pineapple is also a symbol for.... swingers!!!
Who knew!!
*****
Later that evening I stayed up talking with my Aunt Magie, we definitely stayed up too late- 1am- and felt it the next day.
She's 83 and is fine mentally but is quite fragile physically.
I got the rain lamp working- again.
The last time it was turned on was in 2019 when I got it working after over a decade of not being turned on.
The last time it was turned on was in 2019 when I got it working after over a decade of not being turned on.
This drawing hangs in my grandmother's old room.
It used to hang in the hall in her house in CT.
My sister did it in 1991.
I was always jealous because she had 2 artworks framed and hanging (my mother had the other, it was a cheetah), and no one ever framed and hung any of my stuff. Not even when I mentioned it. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!