Every morning, unless there is a truly exceptional circumstance, the first thing I do when I wake up is the Wordle with Furball. Furball's job is to help me do the Wordle and she's good at it.
This morning, of course, Furball could not help me do the Wordle.
I got it anyhow but it was much harder without her.
The weather here is so crappy right now, but I am determined to paint.
We stayed up too late last night, and between that and the weather my aunt is in a lot of pain and needs to rest.
Daya is definitely not used to this environment or my aunt's personality so she wants to go to downtown Charleston and explore by herself and escape. I think this is a great idea. I know it's hard for her to not have someone her age.... when I was younger my sister was that buffer and it truly made things a lot easier for both of us.
She found a bus that is a half hour walk, she purchased fare and looked at the schedule.
I told her be home by 5 or 6, have fun.
The bus never showed up............. so she waited an hour for the next one and finally got it.
This was when Daya decided she fiercely HATES the suburbs. She said how can people live like this? It's TERRIBLE!
Daya did get to downtown Charleston and went exploring and did a bit of shopping.
While she was doing that, I went for a walk in the neighborhood and knocked out a painting.
Honestly, I needed to get away too.
A cardinal came to visit me while I was painting.
Maybe he is friends with my NYC Ramble cardinal...??
Here is the painting, 8x10 oil
Tomorrow morning we are leaving with my late Uncle Ernie's daughter (Margie's late husband) to go paint on Folly Beach.
Margaret is also a painter, but not really a plein air painter. She takes her own photo reference and works in-studio.
I had leftover paint, so I reset the palette and packed, all ready to go at daybreak.
Daya had trouble with the bus again coming back..................
My kid is such a New Yorker.
I am too but since I wasn't raised in NYC I know what I'm in for outside the city.
(The uber back was 60, she got the bus at 5:15 and was fine.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!