A last-minute gala, ok!
I said it's fancy dress right?
He said yes, festive!
I said see you tomorrow!
And then I started freaking out over whether my closet could handle a gala.
I have not been to anything dress-up since before covid.
Yes I have work dresses but that's not for a gala.
I have to wear heels, which also has not happened since before covid.
I'm a dusty mess!
After deliberations via text with Daya, we decided my old cocktail dress with gold nails would be fine, and I would wear my old Chinese Laundry shoes that Daya nicely broke in when she was in the 5th grade.
I even found both of them in my closet so was pretty proud of myself for that....
I ended up having a really great time!
As it turns out I should not have worried so much about the dress code, I was completely fine!
It felt good to be out to a party.
I felt a little dusted-off.
I didn't know most people there except for LaGuardia parents and a couple Juilliard students.
There were dance performances, auctions, and raffles...and speeches and awards.
Overall it was a really fun evening and we got home after midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!