The journey to LaGuardia High School takes 35-40 minutes.
I gave it an hour to account for any train weirdness.
4 stops later, when I was switching to the E/F, everything was at a standstill.
Not good.
Unauthorized person on the tracks.
That takes a while.
Like a LONG while.
So I switched over to the 7, and that had signal problems.
I was SO UPSET, I did NOT want to miss parent observation!!
I was late but did see most of the Horton class.
But I couldn’t paint, there was no time. Even losing 15 minutes is too much.
So I enjoyed watching Daya’s Horton class, and then she had rehearsal.
Some of the other kids went to ms Foote’s class, so I decided to go there, too, and paint.
I love Ms Foote.
She didn’t mind at all that I went in to paint, and she also thinks I should come back after Daya is gone to paint.
Here is the painting, 5x7 mostly gouache with some pastel…
I was thinking about the size of the figures on the page, it’s zoomed out a little too… but the main thing I did differently was snap a picture of the pose I wanted..
I think I’ll do this from now on when I am allowed to take photos; sometimes I’m not allowed.
This panel was gray-toned but no clear gesso, and i can’t decide if I prefer a smoother surface or not
But it worked out really well and is a good strategy, as much as I don’t like using any kind of photo reference for these things.
Here are some pics of Daya.





















To be so young and bendy. I am glad you are enjoying painting in class. I enjoy seeing all of those graceful bendy bodies.
ReplyDelete