************
I was a wreck all day.
In the afternoon I couldn't stand it anymore, and everything at work was taking me 5 times longer than it should.... so I went to Costco!
5:05pm Daya called me bawling.
She got the phone call from Juilliard telling her she was accepted.
She called me and told me....and then went back to rehearsal.
Daya was in rehearsal after school, and she had her notifications on her fitbit turned on.
She was freaking out because she hadn't heard anything, and she knows the admissions office closes at 5.
So she got the notification and missed the call during rehearsal.
Apparently she also couldn't physically stand anymore.
So she stepped out of the room and called Juilliard back, got through, and they told her she was accepted.
The other kids were all watching her through the window and they heard her say thank you and they started yelling and being all excited.
I heard them when we were on the phone.
Then she went back to rehearsal.
I think it's really nice that she found out at LaGuardia.
After rehearsal he went over to MYB for class... and I went over too, because we had to go out to celebrate.
Ms Debbie gave me a hug and said congrats.
Then we went out for sushi, the same place we went after she got through the callback.
I told the waiter she just got accepted to Julliard, and he brought out hot sake for two and turned a blind eye... I only let her have one shot.
What a day, I can't really process this because it is too huge but I have many thoughts which will have to come out of my head later.
But it is official, Daya has been accepted to Juilliard.
The financial aid info will come out soon, we don't know that part yet but I'm not worried.
It's going to work out.
I sure hope that you get some financial help. What an honor to go there. Best of luck to Ms Daya.
ReplyDelete