topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, March 25, 2023

A Rainy Walk for Anatomy Books

I really wanted to get out today...the weather is crap for painting, light rain all day...
I love the Morpho Simplified Forms I got last week so much I want more in the series.

(FWIW the full Morpho Anatomy book should be in all artists' libraries... I got mine on a recommendation several years ago. But I didn't know about the little pocket guides!)

Hands and Feet is in stock at 82nd and Broadway at Barnes and Noble.
And another- brand new in the same series- that is in stock down at Union Square.

The plan was to go up to W82nd and walk down Broadway.

These books look interesting.




I found my book, and got another one because I know I will anyhow so why wait...
the cashier asked me if I m an artist, so I said yes because I am.

He said he is too and showed me his stuff... it's digital anime-looking faces.
I showed him my instagram then I left.
He was interested in the books I bought, too bad I got the last Morpho Hands and Feet!

*********
It was not a nice day for a walk but I did it anyhow.
Light rain.

I got wet... the rain was forecast to stop but it did not.

Gloomy Lincoln Center



Gloomy Columbus Circle


Gloomy Times Square



I was listening to an audio book on my walk down, and when I got to 30th street Daya texted me her location, which I thought must be a mistake or I couldn't see it properly.

I called her and as it turns out she was on 33rd and-she forgot-what-street.
She wanted to meet me at Union Square and find some nice produce at the greenmarket.

(Daya actually has a weekend off this weekend which literally never happens. She's usually at dance 7 days a week. Before I went out I told her my plans and said if she wanted to meet me at Union Square she could.  I didn't think she would actually do it!)

We agreed to meet down there.
I got there first and went to Barnes and Noble to get the new Morpho Mammals book that just came out.
And I liked this design:



The greenmarket was closed to due the miserable spitting rain so we went to Trader Joes instead.
Their wine shop closed! That really surprised me.

My three new books:


The Mammals one is really interesting- it is comparative anatomy.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a nice day despite the rain. Sometimes I like to walk in the rain, as long as it isn't storming. Your books look interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!