topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Puddles Plein Air

I really wanted to paint today, and I have been wanting to paint puddle reflections, so I went over to Flushing Meadows and did just that.

This painting took about 2 hours.
By the time I was finished the gnats had come out in full force.

It also got more overcast as the afternoon progressed.

8x10 oil


 

I finished in time to walk home, clean up, and leave for Daya's second show... which was just as amazing as yesterday's.

AND............................

THIS IS FANTASTIC................

There was a boy in the audience, he is a student at MYB.... WEARING THE SAME PRATT SWEATSHIRT I GOT IN 1995!!!!!

To my knowledge this sweatshirt was only made in 1995...
well, i KNOW he wasn't there back then, so I asked him who gave it to him.... his uncle.

I wish I had worn mine to the show today!!
(I love this sweatshirt and still wear it all the time. Despite almost 30 years of hard wear, it is in excellent shape. That boy's I think was worn way less than mine tho...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!