topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Something..... Different

This morning I took Daya to the doctor, and in the waiting room there was a lady reading a manga book.

I have never been interested in manga.
Like, ever.
Not even a little bit.

And suddenly, I had the strangest urge to find and read manga.

So while I was waiting, I looked up recommendations and just kind of... waited for something to jump out at me. I saw a series in a top recommended list that looks pretty interesting actually. It's about a deaf girl who gets terribly bullied in school, then years later she meets her bully again and... well, I don't know what happens because I haven't read it all yet.  There are 7 books.

I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and get an actual paper copy.
They are having a buy one get another 30% off so I did that.

I'm slightly conflicted about getting paper copies, because I just don't need or want more "stuff"... but something in me is wanting a paper book experience, not digital.  I have been feeling a need to be a bit analog lately. I only buy art books in hard copy. But whatever, I can always give them away or put them in one of those shared book things I see sometimes around the neighborhood. Maybe Carey will like them.

I also got another Morpho book... I have the main anatomy book but there is a whole series of small pocket editions.

It's kind of fun to read books "backwards".
I still have no clue why I am so suddenly wanting to read manga, it's so weird, but whatever, I'll just go with it and see what happens.


************
A little bit of TMI

If I don't write my life down I'll forget it so here goes....
Things I am Not Ready For...

A couple days ago I started my cycle a whole entire almost-2 weeks EARLY and that NEVER EVER HAPPENS and I am SO HORMONAL and it's just awful and it's really hard being a girl and I am Not! Ready! for changes. If you look at me funny I'll probably cry about it today. It's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!