It is Parent Observation Week at Manhattan Youth Ballet and that means..... painting live dance classes!
I am SO BUMMED this will be over.... I wish I could do this much more.
Maybe LaGuardia will let me after Daya graduates......
Anyhow, Daya had ballet with Ashley Bouder, then modern with a sub.
Both paintings were 1 hour painting time and are in gouache.
The ballet class is more than an hour and I had a HUGE advantage tonight that both classes were in the same studio... so I could just stay set up. It's a massive time-saver.... and this kind of on-location painting is extremely difficult to do. Doing it in an hour is batshit crazy to be honest. It's stressful.
I have been unhappy in past attempts at the figures, so this time I brought my sketchbook and sketched moving figures, chose a pose, then referred back to my "notes" to place the figures in the room.
This approach worked really well but I still need to refine the process.
I need more practice.
5x7 gouache
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!