Today was the annual NYC Urban Sketchers Portrait party.
It takes place at the High School for Art and Design.
Everyone who signs up is divided into groups of 12.
One person didn't show for our group so we were 11.
Paper is provided- 9x12 watercolor paper.
Then we take turns sketching each other.
We have 10 minutes for each portrait.
At the end we have a drawing of everyone in the group except ourself, and each group arranges all the portraits in a grid.
There were probably about 5 or 6 groups.
Sone of the work was pretty good.
These are my 10. I worked in graphite for a few, and for most of them just a black Prismacolor pencil.
I gave them away.
Here is the grid and a few pictures of other groups I liked.
Thee is some pretty good high school work on the walls.
I wonder if this school might be better than LaGuardia for visual arts.
How cool.
ReplyDelete