I went camping on Friday for a quick overnight.
Because I had a hotline shift Saturday evening, I had to leave early which was a bummer, but I meet my obligations.
I wasn't gone long enough to decompress at all, but I'm still glad I went even though the travelling was a little intense, especially coming home.
There were drunk dramatic teenagers (that's what we are calling them, if they weren't still teens they weren't much older...) who were blasting music and screaming at the top of their lungs until 4:30am.
They had a fight at some point too.
Or something that sounded like it.
No one got any sleep.
None.
Everyone was PISSED in the morning.
Several of us complained to the camp office, who talked to them.
Those stupid kids thought that because they couldn't SEE other people there weren't any.
Nevermind that it is a large camping ground.
I stopped home for a half hour, showered and changed quickly, and went to the hotline.
By the time I got there I had been awake for 36 hours.
By the end of the shift it was 41 hours, and my head was beyond done.
Beyond caffeine, beyond adrenaline.
They took pity on me and let me go 15 minutes early which got me home before midnight!
Sunday I recovered.
Daya came home and stayed for a few hours to eat and do laundry.
Aside from "I had a damn good time" I know nothing about her trips and she doesn't want to talk about it. I am sad about this, I'd like to be more connected to her but she does not want that.
She looks great and I'm glad she had a good time. I'd love to know more about it.
********
Here are some pictures and a painting.
Me and Aimee....
My safety vessel check is no longer expired.
Throne Rock
I am a tick and bug spray cloud of doom.
We hugged trees.
Aimee strikes a pose....
I brought some nice salmon and veggies for dinner.
Sunrise Saturday morning.
Of course I got rained on.
I did a painting......
And for the second time I can recall, I forgot to swap out my tripod quick release plate from the other box. Damn!
I remember thinking to do it and then I didn't... I'll have to add it to my packing list.
So doing the painting was a little annoying between not having proper tripod support and the rain...
But I liked the scene and there were a lot of problems to think about.
6x8 oil
We went canoeing and there were lily pads.
I paddled and Aimee studied wilderness first aid.
Daya had to fly thru Doha.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!