topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, June 11, 2025

102 Class & Pebbles Update

Tonight I taught the 102 patrol/self rescue/assisted rescue class at the boathouse.

I also got my yearly self-rescue done in 2 boats which is nice.
(We have to certify being able to self-rescue every year, and it's different in different boats.)

The water is still a little cold but wasn't too bad.
Soon I'll start swimming on Fridays, especially when it's hot.
If it ever stops raining.



***********
On another note, here is a Pebbles update:

I have reached the end of my sanity.

Pebbles peed on my bed this morning, right in front of me and right next to Isis.
Isis even got mad-she growled at Pebbles and left.
If you have ever seen a cat give off a "WHAT THE FUCK" expression that was it, from Isis to Pebbles.

My bed was covered so I only had to wash the 2 blankets but still.

Pebbles is also peeing on Daya's bed. (which is also protected)
It is not from a medical problem, it's her anxiety, and I have been putting up with this on and off for all 12 years I have had her.

I broke this morning. Just.... broke. Finally.
The appointment to put her down is June 26.
Daya wants to be there and that's literally the only day she can do it.

The other thing is she isn't responding to treatment.
She is not a healthy cat, not with the digestive stuff and her heart issues.
She doesn't weigh enough and the only thing really keeping her appetite up is prednisone, which is already messing up her liver.
Pebbles is definitely sick and Isis knows and is attacking her. (cats will do that)
It's only a matter of time....she's not actively dying but she's not doing well and I think if I leave it alone it'll be a slow expensive process. I don't think she will make it through the year.

Either the prednisone is going to ruin her body or she'll essentially starve to death from not eating/absorbing her food.

I do not want her to be in pain, and I do not want to prolong anything just for the sake of prolonging.

It's time.

I have a few weeks to process it... it hasn't hit me yet and there are a lot of feelings because I do care about the cat but also she has caused me SO MUCH stress and I'm just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!