topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, September 13, 2019

Wet Adventures in Plein Air Painting

If I was a meteorologist, I could say anything I wanted with no accountability whatsoever and not only would I keep my job, people would continue listening to me!

It's amazing, really.

Forecast for yesterday first was some rain in the afternoon.
Then it changed to light rain for a few minutes around 7pm.
Than even that went away.

The rain started right as my plein air workshop started.
I thought it would blow over and be done in 15 mins.

My weather app was still saying overcast, no rain right in the middle of a LONG HEAVY downpour.

The rain did not stop in 15 mins, workshop rescheduled to Monday.
That will be better because I think we are going to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Half the class didn't show, some people left, and 4 of us (including the class monitor) stayed to tough it out.  We liked the sky.  We thought the rain would stop.  It only got worse.
We tried to hide in the covered area on 6 1/2 Ave but there was construction and most of it was closed... we all hid under an awning.  It didn't help much.

So here is a painting I will probably just wipe out to save the panel, it's only about 10 minutes of actual painting, is not show-able and shouldn't be kept, I did give speed painting while holding an umbrella a shot but you just can't think when the rain is coming at you like that.

There was an inch of water in my palette.

We laughed a lot and had a good time though.
Will do the Gear Schlep again on Monday, should be fun.












*******
Daya loves school, she says it's "heckin' awesome".... she did get into the level 2 ballet/modern group.  She has friends.  Lots of them already. A solid group of 8 people just at lunch!  She says everyone is really, really nice and she has never experienced everyone around her being so nice and friendly and accepting.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you felt like a soaked tea bag when you got home. Too bad it rained. We are headed to a football game today with a 10% chance of rain. I am taking my rain jacket.
    So good to hear that Daya is adjusting so well to school and new friends. May the good vibes continue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!