topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Paint and More Paint

Just as I was getting ready to leave in the morning, Daya woke up.  She woke up happy.
So happy that she was carrying me around the apartment on her back.

And she loves her cat, too.




I went painting.
I have a new friend from the NY@Nite workshop.
Her name is Hua and she is AMAZING.

Hua lives in Shanghai and has 2 daughters.
She also owns an apartment here in NYC and goes back and forth a lot.

We were meant to meet and be friends.
The day together was just perfect.

Here is my painting, 63rd st and Central Park West.
8x10 oil, and this painting kicked my butt.

Hua got there first and chose the location.  I'm so glad because I never would have chosen this spot on my own.
It was great to stretch out artistically and do something new.

Usually an 8x10 takes me 2- 2 1/2 hours, and this painting took 4 hours.
The whole thing was such a learning experience.





Then we went to lunch and that was awesome too.

After lunch we went gallery-hopping in Chelsea, which is also something I don't normally do because I prefer the museums.  I'm not too impressed with the NYC gallery art scene in general, and there was a LOT of junk but also some nice stuff, very interesting, and it was very worthwhile.

It's important to look at new things and expand, even if they are not all to my taste.

I liked these though:




I liked this rubble in the street:



Then we went to Blick and bought Very Fun Stuff, like GRAPHITE PUTTY!!




And I got 2 brushes.

1 comment:

  1. A nice beginning to Silly Saturday. It is good to see that you ladies had a wonderful day. That putty is a mess. I will be curious to see what you do with it. It is great to meet new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!