topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, January 01, 2026

1|1|2026

Ok, it's 2026.

I have expectations.

I expect to:

* Drink a lot of tea
* Paint some pictures **
* Receive personal growth in a few areas I am specifically working on
* Swim laps 2x a week (it has been good to be back in the pool lately)
* Get to 1 million jumps with Crossrope ***
* Focus on expectations, receiving, positive life experiences, and rest
* Keep my shit together, most of the time

** I kind of don't have any specific personal art goals except to keep going.
I can't think of anything specific I want to work on, although I know that sounds un-ambitious and flat.
Since I am always exploring artistically and learning, I'm sure I'll have things come my way that are interesting and new. I do feel I'm being a bit "small" here in mental scope and ambition, but I have such a wall of exhaustion that needs to be considered. So, I'll just keep doing what I'm already doing for now.

Prints? Yeah I should do more with that. Maybe.
Gallery submissions? I did get approached by a legit gallery last year, but it would have cost me hundreds up-front if I got accepted. If the work sold I'd get the hanging fee back, but this is where painting starts being like dance- it's pay to play. And also a lot of work that I don't want to do.

So I don't know.
Thinking about all of it, the non-painting stuff surrounding painting makes me feel overwhelmed so I'll stop for now.

*** Crossrope- getting to 1 million jumps might be a stretch.
Right now my all-time count is 422,411. So I'm just under halfway through.
I'll try, let's see how close I can get. If I jump every day- which I will not- I would need about 1644 jumps a day which actually is nothing for me. I can do that in 13 minutes. I like to do at minimum 3K jumps but ideally my standard workout is 5k, it just depends on how much time I have in a given day.
So maybe I can get to 1 million this year. We'll see.

I just want to hold steady this year, maintain what I have, and do the things that bring peace and good moments in this life. Keep my excellent friends. Be in and on the water. Paint and grow artistically.  Go camping. Explore. Lead kayak trips, think of new boathouse activities for the community. Sit on the hotline, take calls, and watch volunteers come and go.

I need to rest after 2025, last year was way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!