This month has been quiet and routine so far, I haven't been on any adventures and I don't have much to write about. There is something nice and stable about normal days though, I'm not complaining.
Just hibernating a bit and looking forward to warm bright days ahead. Staying positive.
Our annual sales conference was Wednesday and Thursday, and for the first time in years, I didn't have to go in-person! I was not personally involved this year. That's ok. I wouldn't have minded, I always enjoyed it when I had work to do for it, but last year I was in-person with nothing to do and it was brutal.
So this year I got to stay home and attend remotely.
*****
Tonight Sharon invited me to her daughter's performance at LaGuardia- the Winter Dance Showcase.
Her daughter is a senior this year... this will probably be the last one I go to, since I don't know anyone else at the school anymore.
I'm trying to not think about Daya.
*****
Aimee texted me and asked if I want to join a winter camping trip at the beginning of Feb.
OF COURSE I DO!
AND I don't have an interfering hotline shift- YAY!
It's 6 boathouse people.
We are renting a cabin.
However, Aimee and I want to do gear tests for winter hammock setups, but if we need to we can go in the cabin.
I do not plan on doing that.
Aimee and I both got cold-weather hammock covers, and I found a great price on a subzero sleeping bag that is rated to 10 degrees. Some of them get very pricey- hundreds- I'd love to have a super nice subzero sleeping bag one day but I think the $55 one I ordered will do just fine. That, plus my hammock under-quilt, plus the hammock cover, plus my super warm camping blanket plus wool underlayers... hell, I'll probably die of heat stroke!
I am so ready to sleep outdoors again in my wonderful comfy hammock!
And of course I'll bring oil paint because that's what I do.
But I need to figure out a few things, because subzero painting is not as straightforward as warmer weather and I'll have a lot to carry.
Really, this trip is all about the camping tea kettle I ordered in December in anticipation of camping this year!
It can go right on the fire!
********
We have rain in the forecast tomorrow, which is a bummer because I'd really like to get out and do my first 2026 plein air.
We'll see.
I also have to be at the League at 4pm to drop off paintings for the show next week.
So anyhow, that's life right now.
It is nice to have something to look forward to.
I am happy my life has been set up to have these good days and good people, I would never have imagined it through all those hard years. I am very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!