Oh my god we made it to December!
What a stupid year.
I was on the overnite on the hotline last night, which was a good way to enter into this last month of stupid 2025. It's my last overnight for this year, I did 2 ON shifts in November. I volunteered for this past shift, earlier in the month they had no one booked so I took it. I did end up having a shift partner from the new class though, it was their first overnight. But no more ONs for me in 2025!
********
In other very sad news, two boathouse people have passed away.
Hector died on Saturday, and last night while I was on the train to the hotline I learned David also passed away. Hector's passing wasn't a surprise; he has been declining since the spring. David is a surprise though and it will be weird with him not around running the desk.
********
Also, my class egg tempera show hangs on JANUARY 17 for the opening on Tues Jan 20th!
This sucks!
It's too early!
What the heck!!
I have been working on a Filippo Lippi master copy since October, it is a very difficult painting and I thought I'd have at least through February.
Now I have to finish SOON and I feel really stressed and rushed.
I still have so much work to do on it.
Anyhow, I am glad it is finally December.
The bad funk I was in for Thanksgiving lifted the day after; I knew it would.
It is on pause for a minute.
Now I just have to get through Christmas and New Years.
I hope this month goes quickly with no more deaths (if you are reading this you are definitely NOT ALLOWED to die) and no more anything except good things. Or neutral. I'll also take neutral.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!