I was in the 99th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade today.
It was my second Macy's parade... in 2023 I was on the Uncle Dan balloon.
This year I was a clown, and I like being a clown more than being on a balloon.
I was in the Corn-y-copia clown group, and we were right at the front of the parade.
(We were CORNSTARS)
We also opened The Today Show!
Debbie Gibson and Al Roker were there too. (pics below)
I like being a clown because it's really fun to interact with the crowd.
We threw confetti and people held out their hands for passing contact and high fives.
There is something very human and very magical about this; it was amazing.
Especially in NYC and all that means. It is all of humanity coming together in a moment of connection and contact in joy.
I was with 2 boathouse friends and my friend/coworker Franca. Being in the parade has been on her life bucket list for many, many years, and she hasn't been able to get in. I got her in this year and it was so nice to be able to make that possible for someone who has been wishing for it for so long.
It's a good feeling.
The parade and feeling the fun and joy of it is a stark contrast to how I am feeling internally, which is a bit odd. It's really weird to feel such opposite feelings at the same time.
After the parade I went home.
Daya is not coming home and I have no plans.
Aside from the parade I have no thanksgiving.
Here are some fun pictures from this morning.
Our call time was 5:15am.
Franca got a hotel room and I stayed with her.
I was on the hotline last night and got to the hotel at almost midnight.
30+ years living in NYC and it was my first time staying at a hotel in the city!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!