I go through a gallon of solvent every three years or so.
The gallon I have been working through is from November 2022.
(I wrote it on the jug....)
There are only a few inches of solvent left at the bottom, i'm running out and need more so off to Blick I went. Three years ago a gallon was about $52.
I was wondering how much the price has gone up since then.
Unfortunately I never really found out because due to some stupid new VOC law, SELLING AND SHIPPING OF GALLON-SIZED GAMSOL IS NO LONGER LEGAL IN NY STATE.
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.
I assure and guarantee you, my artist Gamsol is NOT the cause of environmental pollutants!
Certainly not a mere gallon container of it!
How about we start with all the nasty industrial waste and construction??
And airplanes and cars?
And plastic everything?
And fast fashion?
No, that's all fine, but I am no longer legally allowed to buy Gamsol in a gallon.
No, that's all fine, but I am no longer legally allowed to buy Gamsol in a gallon.
I CAN buy HALF the amount for $50 now though.
So this law makes my materials cost more expensive because I cannot buy in bulk which is a bit of a discount.
YES I need a gallon, I always have a lot of solvent settling after each use, which gets to be quite a lot because I'm out plein airing all the time. I usually have 2 jugs of solvent settling for re-use, plus my gallon jug of clean solvent for when I really just need a refill.
It takes over a week for it to get nice and clean again.
The longer it sits the better.
I did try and order online thru Blick, they have it on sale for $60 (down from $80) but they won't ship it to me.
I AM SO TIRED OF LIFE GETTING STUPIDER
AND MORE DIFFICULT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!