topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, December 24, 2025

Painting Plans Squelched

Here it is, Wednesday morning, and I haven't left my apartment at all since I got home Sunday night.
As of today I'm off work until Monday and thought it might be a good idea for me to.... leave my apartment.....

So I was going to go to BBG again to paint but the wind is gusting at 34mph so that's out.


Well, I'm on the hotline tonight so I'll have to go out later anyhow.
It's ok, I'm still processing Daya's note.
It was extra-shitty for her to drop that on me for the holidays.
It doesn't make any damn sense but when she's in a bad mental spiral, she's irrational.
I'm angry, very sad, I feel betrayed and used, and at risk of sounding like a little kid, it really just isn't fair. At all.

I have voices in my head saying "I'm the common denominator" in all these lost relationships- mother, sister, father, daughter..... losing all these relationships is significant.  On some deep level I think it is somehow my fault, I have internalized it as something wrong with me. 

On my logical surface, though, I know that isn't true.
The common denominator isn't me, it's the mental illness.

Look at what they have in common with each other.

All the people mentioned, with the exception of my father who has very severe childhood trauma but isn't mentally ill (I don't think?).... all these relationships are with people who have impossible mental issues. People who have trouble with other people and relationships in general.  Well, I don't know about my sister in present time, but she definitely had problems when I knew her.

I was talking to Sharon about it, and aside from.... well Daya, I don't have trouble with people.
I have friends, amazing friends.
Including several long-term healthy deep friendships with a diverse range of people.
I'm able to connect with people in all the different places I go, I don't have problems there.
I don't think I could have kept my same job for 19 1/2 years if I couldn't get along with others??

That has to say something about me?
Even when looking at these failed core family relationships?
Yes I am trying to convince myself.

I truly don't think I was a bad parent.
I think I did the best anyone could have with a horrible circumstance.
And I got my kid to Juilliard.

My mother really was a horrible parent, it's understandable her 2 children separated from her.
But so did everyone else! Even her sister, who she was always so close with.
No one could have a relationship with her.

But I don't think I was such a bad parent, and perfection is NOT a requirement to being a good parent.
So how did I end up at the same place as my mother??

Isis approves of staying in.


*********
When Grace came to visit last week, she brought a little container of microgreens from Whole Foods.
I don't shop there and have never seen them.... 

Oh my god I need to always put them on everything, they are amazing!

So I said to Grace, let's go find microgreens in my neighborhood!
We went for a long walk and stopped at all the places a person could stop that might have microgreens.
No one has microgreens.

So I ended up just growing them myself.
How convenient I still have my old grow light!
They sprouted today.
...I hope the cats don't eat them.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!