topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Tadej's Graham Class

I was invited to paint at all three shows of the LaGuardia Senior Dance Concert this upcoming weekend.
It requires a little pre-planning and a practice run or 2.

I was thinking maybe I could use pastels, since I'm in the mood for them, and I decided to do a little painting from Tadej Brdnik's modern (Graham technique) class from last Tuesday.

He runs an absolutely beautiful class.

Last night I did a little 5x7 pastel, using panpastels and Nupastel.
It's on a colourfix-primed piece of watercolor paper I prepped years ago that floated to the surface of my paper cabinet.
This is a 1 hour paining... I wanted it to be fast.


I like how this turned out but pastels are absolutely NOT the way to go for painting in the concert hall.
It takes up way too much space.
  
Well I might bring a few just in case but it's going to be gouache on 5x7 panels.

I hope Tadej likes the painting, I sent it to school with Daya.
I asked her if she gave it to him, she said yes, I asked her if he likes it and she just said yes.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!