This morning I knew there would be good fog again so I woke up at stupid o'clock (like 6am) to go out and paint it. Daya has a dr appt at 11 am so I decided to walk over to Flushing Meadows and stay close to home.
This is proof that there really was a Dense Fog Advisory:
.... except that there was no fog.
Since I took all the effort to get up and out, I decided to go paint anyhow.
It was terrible.
It was terrible.
Lessons learned....
1. The overpass into the park is at 64th rd. not 67th ave/st/dr whatever. It's 64th-something. Not higher.
So I got a little lost on the way over because I went too far east and came out onto the Grand Central at.... 65th -something. (Dr, Ave, St, dont know, doesnt matter. The streets here are insane.)
So I got a little lost on the way over because I went too far east and came out onto the Grand Central at.... 65th -something. (Dr, Ave, St, dont know, doesnt matter. The streets here are insane.)
If you know Queens you know what I mean.
2. Don't paint next to a playground. Just don't. Even when there are no kids there, because other people are there with their entire herd of dogs. This lady in the park had a WHOLE HERD of like 5 or 6 dogs, none of them on a leash or properly trained and they were all running around out of control and not listening to her.
I love dogs, I do. But I DO NOT want them in my way while I am painting, and I do not want them nosing through all my gear because their owner can't and won't control them. Also, I have solvent and I splash around sometimes. Its not the dogs' fault they are annoying, it is the owner's.
I must have told her 5 or six times to keep her dogs away from me. The park guy also had to tell her. It didn't work. I called 311 and made a complaint... that won't work either.
There is a leash law. All dogs in public have to be on a leash of no greater than 6 feet. So this lady was absolutely in violation of the law. I wouldn't care if they left me alone, especially after asking repeatedly. If you have a dog you MUST respect other people.
There was a very good painting waiting to happen at my spot, I had the whole thing before I started which is generally a good sign but I couldn't get into my groove. The interruptions from the dogs really pissed me off and interrupted me. Also I wasn't properly caffeinated and maybe also tired from waking up early 2 mornings in a row....... um and also last night I swam laps for 100 minutes so that was pretty tiring! I think I over-did it.
Over an hour in and the painting wasn't coming together at all and I was pissed off and grumpy- and I wanted to get home and have more tea before leaving again- so I called it done. It's a wipe.
***********
I was very exhausted today but too caffeinated to take a nap so I went to Chinatown.
And I got a new friend, which has been on my mind for a while now.
I love my new bamboo plant!
I was very exhausted today but too caffeinated to take a nap so I went to Chinatown.
And I got a new friend, which has been on my mind for a while now.
I love my new bamboo plant!



I also hate people that don't keep their dogs under control. Things can get out of hand.
ReplyDeleteBetter luck next time.
I like your bamboo. My neighbor gave me a start of one a couple of years ago. Inow have two canes.