I woke up early.
Then early this morning Thor texted me asking if I knew any covered areas in Central Park around
W 86th St. Because he knew I would know, which is completely true. Also because he didnt have his car and his daughter was in Hebrew school until noon.
I said maybe under a bridge?? which might be cool??? and I could look it up if he wanted.
We both came up with Winterdale Arch at the same time.
He said wanna join?
Duh, of course... my NJ painting plans got rained out and I had zero idea what to do with myself today but I wanted it to involve painting.
Also, painting with Thor is always wonderful.
Grace texted me asking what I was doing today, and I got to say "I'm painting under a bridge with a guy named Thor."
This is not something everyone gets to say.
Thor is a better painter than I am and I suck up his vibes. Also if your name is Thor you are automatically amazing. (I met a kid named Odin once. His life is set.)
It was miserable-cold-raily and miserable but there were horses. Thor had to leave before me o get his daughter.
I stayed as long as I could but really went too fast to the finish due to sheer physical misery.
And when say misery I really mean MISERY.
This was the first time either of us ever painted under a bridge... like the plein air bums we are.
Thor:
Thor took these pics of me painting. I look ridiculous.
Blick is a fun place but also spendy.
That's the universe telling me to get a new dang umbrella already.






What an unusual place to paint. I bet it was damp and cold. Fun to see the horses and your painting companion. You don't look weird in those pictures. I liked seeing you at work.
ReplyDeleteYou don't look ridiculous at all! Nice painting!
ReplyDelete