topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Furball Goes to the Vet

Since Isis stopped coughing (almost completely) and isn't getting the $1300 trachea wash, I decided to take Furball into the vet.

I got Furball in July 2013.  She went to the vet for her last set of kitten shots, and she has not left my apartment since then.

Furball is a super freaky panic-mode cat.
She is super friendly and LOVES pets, but she's terrified of absolutely everything and can't handle.... anything.  
So she hasn't been to the vet because I can't handle her to get her there. She has to be sedated.
This is a traumatic ordeal for Furball.

And the vet won't give me gabapentin for her because she hasn't been there for so long they can't give her a prescription medication.

So she can't go to the vet without a sedative and the vet won't give me a sedative because she hasn't been to the vet.

Life can be really stupid like that.

But I had gabapentin for Isis that I didn't end up needing, so I booked the appointment with the vet, sedated Furball with Isis's pills, and took her in.  I also signed an anesthesia release in case they had to sedate her even more for the appointment.

(Isis is still angry and swipey even on 100mg of gaba, and Furball has crazy paranoid terror so I thought she would be difficult.)

Isis is such a jerk, when I got the carrier out she knew someone was going to the vet and she decided it must be Pebbles and let her have it.

As it turns out, Furball did great.  Everyone absolutely loved her because she is sweet and adorable and perfect.  No further sedation was necessary.  She is ok but has one cavity, missing teeth, tartar, and an ear problem which I got ointment for.  I will deal with the teeth later.

She is not feeling well after being home, she needs to sleep off the sedation and is probably also feeling crappy from her vaccines and the stress.  Pebbles was worried about her which was really cute.

1 comment:

  1. Most pets hate the vet. I am glad it wasn't too traumatic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!