topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 30, 2022

54 Minute Alley Pond Painting

My friend Sharon invited me to go with her and her husband to walk around Alley Pond, just to get out a little today.

Both her teenager and my teenager stayed home to lounge around and do nothing.  Its very funny, they both seem to have read the same "How to Act like a Teenager" handbook.

I wanted to do a quick little painting, but because I was with others I had to be considerate of the time.  They are very tolerant of my painting habit, which I appreciate, and Matthew wanted to watch.  I provided commentary to make it less boring.

I said the painting would take under an hour, and it took exactly 54 minutes.
Matthew did not get bored!

One of the swans bit a kid who tried to pet it, so that was entertaining!

6x8 oil
If I was on my own I probably would have spent an hour and a half, but honestly this was a really good exercise to be very efficient and make quick decisions.















1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a good time. I like the painting too. Swans can be vicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!