topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Fog on the Brookyn Bridge

Today I woke up early just so I could paint fog on the Brooklyn Bridge.
I went down to Elevated Acre again.
The fog changed about every 5 minutes or so.

I had to work really fast and this painting took about an hour.
There is something I really want to do with it that I did not do on-loacation and I actually might do it as a studio painting..... maybe more to come on that.

8x10 oil








Then I went to the Greenarket at Unton Square and there were turkey eggs!
I got a dozen.

I have never had turkey eggs before or even seen them! I LOVE eggs so really needed to get them.  In a week or 2 they will have pheasant eggs!



Turkey eggs are a little larger than chicken eggs but smaller than duck eggs. The yolk is larger but the white/yolk ratio is more like chicken than duck (which has a much larger yolk). The shell is much harder than a chicken egg. The yolk is a little paler and they taste more like chicken egg than duck egg does.

I like them a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I like the moody foggy paintings. Fog brings mystery to any setting.
    You are lucky to have so many different types of eggs to eat. I have never had any other than Chicken eggs. I might like duck eggs because yolk is my favorite part of the egg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!