Today was a weird super-long day that seems like it should have been three days but was only one day.
It started normal. My normal work-from-home routine of waking up right before I have to log on to work, checking and replying to some emails, tea, bowl of matcha, my spin class...
I actually knew today would be a slow work day. Although I'm working on a few things, including a very intense training script, I wrapped everything up on my end and I'm waiting for others at this point.
My manager was stuck in meetings all morning and since I was caught up and it was so nice outside, and I have been feeling a little cobwebby so I decided to walk to the pool and go for a swim. It was exactly what I needed.
After a half hour of laps I literally felt like a brand new person. For me, it's about being in the water. I have a physical need to be in water, like every day. I have been like that for as long as I can remember, definitely since high school. That's why I basically live in my bathtub. And I need the pool, too. I haven't gone for a swim since maybe January and that's too long.
So anyhow I went into the locker room feeling brand new and wonderful, and there was an elderly lady getting her things together in front of my locker. I didn't mind waiting and I told her so, and we just started talking. She's just like me, she needs the water every day. And we got to talking about how it grounds you and resets your electromagnetic field and how we women are way more in-tune.
She was a lovely lady and we were both glad to meet someone else who understood the water in the same way.
***********
Back at home/work, a few small things popped up and I took care of them. Then my manager said log off early so I did.
Blick sent me a 20% coupon.
So I resumed my Derwent Stalking.
As it turns out, 1 of the 2 sets I was stalking is at Blick! It isn't the main one I want which I guess is still not in the US but the tinted charcoal pans are in-stock at Blick AND I had a 20% coupon.
So of course I had to go there.
Derwent Stalking 1 of 2, Acquired:
*************
But I also wanted to go sketch at The Met and try out my new setup.
You never really know about a new setup until you go out and try it.
I feel like I have fallen into an alternate universe where The Met is friendly to artists.
I'll take it.
Since apparently artists can now set up on small folding chairs to sketch, I got one.
2 actually, to compare which one works best so I need to return one of them.
I also brought my new Derwent pencil case, which I am aware is completely ridiculous but since I can also now wear a backpack in The Met (my, how things have changed!!) I don't mind carrying it around.
My setup works pretty well, even though I failed the metal detector test.
They let me and all my stuff in anyhow. (My, how things have changed!!)
I need to make one tweak which I will try again tomorrow.
Also, My Memling is back!
I am very happy to be reunited with her.
On Friday nights there is live orchestra music all over The Met.
It is WONDERFUL.
I did go say hi on the way out.
He's the one who inspired me to get my new chair.
This sketch took a little over an hour.
She's got a few issues but I don't care. I focused on the things I was there to focus on.
I used my Derwent drawing pencils and they are a LOT softer than when I have been using lately, so it took a little getting used to.

What a busy busy day. It sounds so complete. I like your sketch. I am happy for you to be able to sit and sketch in the met.
ReplyDelete