It was a nice quiet painting session, which was just what I wanted.
*********
Daya needed new pointe shoes and I met her at Onstage after painting.
She needed a fitting (again) and I knew we needed as many pairs as they had of whatever she wanted that they would sell to us.
There is a big problem with pointe shoe shortages right now, and she's very picky about what she can wear. (This is normal for dancers.)
There are many, many, MANY styles and variations of pointe shoes, it's astounding, and you can't wear just anything. It has to fit properly to the shape of your foot and be the right hardness for your foot strength.
Daya's feet are super-strong and she needs the hardest shoes possible.
We ended up getting 2 pairs, which is good because she's performing next weekend with Manhattan Youth Ballet. Tights, shoes, ribbons, elastics... it was a good chunk of change. She'll maybe be ok with shoes for a couple of months.........
I thought this costume at Onstage was really pretty.
And I'm also glad that I don't have to buy costumes anymore.
Gosh, the grass isn't greening up in your area yet. Plants and flowers (crocus, snowdrops, daffodils and hellebores) are popping here.
ReplyDeleteIf I was dancing around on my toes I would want/need the best shoes. You are a good Mom.