topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday Part 1

Daya went to New Jersey today for an overnight with a friend.
I met her at Penn Station because she had dance in the morning, and I took her dance bag.


Afterwards I went down to the Union Square Greenmarket to hunt down some duck eggs and whatever other fun things I could find.


I did find duck eggs!

I also came home with a shot of apple pie moonshine, a carrot raisin cookie for Daya, pizza popcorn (also for Daya), maple candy, a chive plant, a new spider plant that I hope the cat doesn't find, a super-strange bottle of lavender wine, and fresh mozz.




I was so excited about my fresh mozz but---- it was SOUR!
I thought something was wrong when I unwrapped it- it was too soft, like ricotta.
Although it didn't smell bad, it was so, so sour!  After a bit of a scavenger hunt on Venmo and trying to find the farmer's email, I did and he refunded me. For $10 it should be a nice bit of cheese!!

The Greenmarket at Union Square isn't a buyer beware situation- you have to be doing pretty well to be in there as a vendor. And I understand these things can happen, and I'm glad I got a refund.







I also need to go back and donate old linens for baby goats!


This lavender wine was really, really weird.
But it was also a very pretty color.

The bottle was small and the wine itself is extremely mild.

I drank the whole bottle without knowing if I like it or not.
It's the kind of thing that you think it should remind you of something but it doesn't, and you keep tasting it to decide if you like it or not but you can't decide, but it isn't strong enough to cause an aversion.

Would I drink it again? Yes.
Would I buy it again? No.

1 comment:

  1. You did find some foodie delights. I don't think Lavender Wine would appeal to my taste buds. Should have followed it with a shot of that moonshine. :) I hope you enjoyed your time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!