Drawimg America zoom figure drawing sessions are officially discontinued and I am gutted.
I loved them.
I got accustomed to having them, and I also kind of got addicted to them over the last 2 years.
It really made figure drawing extremely accessible and I got so much practice in.
I loved the audio books and all the different costumes the models had.
But now figure drawing is back in-person.
Sessions cost more and I have to...... leave my apartment and go.
I want BOTH. Zoom is never a permanent replacement for in-person live figure drawing but it's also turned out to be a really great thing on its own. Simon runs really, really good sessions with fantastic models and not all sessions are run as well.
I could not go last week because it was full. There is a participant limit because the room is small.
So I went today.
The model who was supposed to show up didn't and there was a sub.
It's not that he wasn't a good model, he was fine as far as holding poses but I don't really like drawing men. They are never as good as women. This is kind of a thing, even Simon has said the reason they never announce the model beforehand is because no one shows up if it's a man. Women are just more fun to draw, unless there is a cool costume involved.
The guy next to me was breathing loudly through his though the whole time and.... burping. It was gross. I'm less tolerant of being in close quarters with people. I was never good at it before but it's on a whole new level for me now.
Figure drawing sessions usually aren't this unpleasant, but sometimes it happens.
I need to find a zoom figure drawing group to supplement the in-person stuff.
You must not draw men very often. I don't remember the last time.
ReplyDelete