topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, August 31, 2020

Leaving August

The Longest Month (perceptually), my least favorite month- is over after today.

I am happy to see September arrive.

******
School starts September 10th.
Daya will go in twice a week for dance only, everything else will be remote.

I really dislike all the remote learning but at least she can get out twice a week so it's something.

She just finished a three week intensive at Manhattan Youth Ballet, that was something at least.
Ailey is not taking new year-round students and is only running Junior Division for the three highest levels- which Daya would be in. I emailed asking if they had space and they said contact them after September 9th.

Daya has inquired about scholarship opportunities at Manhattan Youth Ballet.
Otherwise, I don't know how she'll train outside of school.

******
Of course this year has been drastic from a change perspective on a global level.
But we have seen some major changes here at home, too.

*Daya has all new bedroom furniture now, except a desk.
She's still miserable though. She's got to learn how to be happy.

*My studio is completely reorganized.
While still not completely done, it is so massively better than it was and I'm very glad about the improvements.

*The housework schedule! I freaking love it!  Not sure Daya does, but she is complying.

******
I'm still stuck working from home until at least January.
What a strange weird time, it drags on and races by simultaneously.

******
The card I drew today, not even joking, it is freaky spot-on:




...while I was listening to this video, which is exactly what I need right now.


I mean, it cannot get any more specifically helpful than this. Freeeeeaaaaky but also wonderful.

*******
I have had a great need lately to speak and write about Where I Am with Hard Things but I'm thinking maybe I should stop, although sometimes it really does help me clarify, so I don't know. 

Maybe the key is am I looking for clarity or do I just want to complain? Honestly one of the reasons I write these posts is for inner clarification. It's also so I don't completely forget my life! There are gaps in my blog where I wish I wrote more, but oh well.

Yesterday I started my morning meditations again and I really need to structure my days with it again.
Back in 2006, which was perhaps the most difficult year of my life, I got through by meditating first thing in the morning and last thing before going to sleep.

I'm kind of feeling like I'm drowning in a bad storm and I need to find my calm lifeboat.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you will find your lifeboat in your meditation. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!