topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, August 13, 2020

11 Minute MRI

Daya had her second MRI tonight, for her lower back.

The last time she had an MRI it took a while- probably 45 minutes.
And the room was freezing cold.

Online searches said a lower back scan can take 30 mins to an hour.

So I went prepared with no-metal art supplies- my gouache sketchbook and some pastels.
And also a warm hoodie.

The scan took..... 11 minutes.
The room was not cold.
I used all the 11 minutes for this quick sketch.

Right before we left I primed the page with Colourfix primer, and I don't know if it was the speed at which I was working or what, but I wish I had left the paper smooth.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmm. I also had a MRI this week, of my head. Normal for my age they say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!