It was, of course, astounding.
I spent a long time at the exhibit, seeing them up close was amazing.
The personalities of his subjects is really intense, far more so in person than any photograph.
I photographed the whole show and did not buy the book.
************
While I went to the Sargent show, Daya was at home competing in the Ultimate Couch Surfing Championships.
There is almost nothing that could interrupt that.
However, when I was walking up Madison Ave I passed a dancewear shop called On Stage...leotard heaven for dancers.... I called Daya, and she immediately got up off the couch, got dressed, got on the train, and met me there.
Daya is obsessed with leotards. It is truly bizarre.
The timing was good, she arrived right when I was done at the Sargent show.
Daya got one new leotard at an excellent price.
There is a brand of leotards called Yumiko that is very big in the designer dance world.
Daya wants some for her birthday and is obsessed with them. She has been looking at them online.
Then she mentioned they have a flagship store here in NYC, so we went.
She tried on leotards and basked in Yumiko vibes. It is very nice in there. Excellent design, very Japanese.
We did not buy anything.
********
AND THEN..... Daya made us dinner!
On her own!
Salmon tacos with avocado, cheese, tomatoes, and fresh spinach.
It was perfect.
What a fun day for both of you. Those charcoal sketches are perfect inspiration.
ReplyDeleteNow you will know what to get for her birthday and Christmas.