I wanted to get both myself and Daya out on Sunday.
Daya wanted go to the NYC Transit Museum in Brooklyn, so I said ok.
Which was a really fantastic idea because -- what a cool place to paint!
There are things there that Daya likes to do, like lift the wheelbarrow full of rocks.
Daya wanted go to the NYC Transit Museum in Brooklyn, so I said ok.
Which was a really fantastic idea because -- what a cool place to paint!
There are things there that Daya likes to do, like lift the wheelbarrow full of rocks.
Daya also spent quite a lot of time trying to jump the turnstile without making it click.
This kid takes the train every day yet she wanted to go play in turnstiles!
As it turned out- due to cold and rain and a birthday party, the transit museum was very crowded with kids. I didn't mind but Daya got tired of it, especially since she couldn't do her favorite thing- drive the MTA bus.
I asked her if we will have to come back so she can drive the bus and she said yes-- so I'll have to bring paint again. Maybe we should go on a nice-weather day when it isn't so crowded with parents needing to get the kids out and about.
Daya looking all Brooklyn.
I asked her if we will have to come back so she can drive the bus and she said yes-- so I'll have to bring paint again. Maybe we should go on a nice-weather day when it isn't so crowded with parents needing to get the kids out and about.
Daya looking all Brooklyn.
Part of the reason for my bringing paint was to test tweaks in my setup.
Instead of using dry paint in pans, I switched to wet paint with a pencil tin case as a palette.
It worked well but the white paint slides down so I need to lay it out on the bottom next time.

What a fun outing. I like your sketch. Yep, it looks like your paint is about to slide off.
ReplyDelete