topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Multifocal Jellyfish

So, something is weird with these jellyfish contact lenses.

My eye dr sent me home with a prescription, a contact in my eye, and three extras.
I wore all the contacts for the rest of the week to get used to them.  None of them did much for my close-up vision, I still needed reading glasses.

Then on Friday my order arrived.
And..... I'm so baffled.....

New lens inserted........ now my close-up vision is GREAT!!

But my distance vision is all blurry.

So blurry that while I could see the Sargent show in paper-grain detail (so wonderful), I had to take the lens out afterwards because the rest of the environment was too blurry.

What the heck?

It is the same lens, I checked.  I don't understand how I could go 4 days straight in one lens batch and they were all the same, and have immediately different results with my order.

My dr did say I would have some compromised distance vision in these jellyfish lenses, and I'm still waiting for an appointment for an RGP fitting.

From my eye dr:


From 1800 Contacts:


The only difference is the lot # and the expiration date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!