Friday morning I went to the eye dr AGAIN for RGP multifocal lens measurements.
I'm hoping for the best, they are more expensive and while my right eye needs a boost as well, I'm only going multifocal in my left eye.
I have been wearing the +2.50/HIGH +2.50 lens even though I have no distance vision!!
The original rx is getting sent back.
And I'm going back on Tuesday to see if another soft lens rx will work.
I know it seems like a lot and it is, especially as I'm getting the hard lens, but I'm not really paying for these dr appointments and I'd like to get it right. I want a backup, I want options, mostly I want a resolution and don't want to settle for something incorrect. This is trial and error and I want correct information and a good solution.
In the afternoon I went out painting in Central Park. Autumn colors are still good.
6x8 oil
I'm hoping for the best, they are more expensive and while my right eye needs a boost as well, I'm only going multifocal in my left eye.
I have been wearing the +2.50/HIGH +2.50 lens even though I have no distance vision!!
The original rx is getting sent back.
And I'm going back on Tuesday to see if another soft lens rx will work.
I know it seems like a lot and it is, especially as I'm getting the hard lens, but I'm not really paying for these dr appointments and I'd like to get it right. I want a backup, I want options, mostly I want a resolution and don't want to settle for something incorrect. This is trial and error and I want correct information and a good solution.
In the afternoon I went out painting in Central Park. Autumn colors are still good.
6x8 oil
*******
Afterwards I went over to LaGuardia to see the student-curated art show.
There is some really, really good work there and some stuff I thought was just ok.
The use of photography in painting has really made a big difference in the images the students are working with. (and people in general.)
When I was in high school I don't recall ever painting a photograph. We just didn't do that.
Photography at that time was not digital and not accessible like it is today.
It was all working from life or imagination. So the images themselves were selected differently.
It's interesting to see what the kids are working with. Some of them are really exceptional.
There is some really, really good work there and some stuff I thought was just ok.
The use of photography in painting has really made a big difference in the images the students are working with. (and people in general.)
When I was in high school I don't recall ever painting a photograph. We just didn't do that.
Photography at that time was not digital and not accessible like it is today.
It was all working from life or imagination. So the images themselves were selected differently.
It's interesting to see what the kids are working with. Some of them are really exceptional.
I hope you get your eye correction straightened out. What a pain messing with it.
ReplyDeleteDigital photography really changed the way we look at the world.