topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, November 22, 2019

Pre X-Ray Ballet

Daya went back to the dance doctors at Harkness.
She is still having hip pain, so they did some x-rays.

It turns out she has bumps on her hip bones- not spurs, but they are rounded where they should be straight- and it can cause pinching in the muscle.

This is apparently very common in growing dancers and athletes, particularly girls, and there might be a puberty hormone component.

She'll likely just have to live with it, but years from now if it's really bad they can surgically file down the bones, which  would put her in recovery for several months.  And she's not done growing!! So there is nothing to do until she is fully grown anyhow, except more physical therapy.

She can rock those hospital gowns though.


In the evening I went to the $100 art fair down in the Village
It was ok, there were some nice pieces and some very underwhelming pieces.

I did see a few people from Urban Sketchers, so that was nice.
And I got some free swag from Blick.














1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!