topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Daya in Charcoal

I have been in the mood to draw.

When she was younger, Daya used to get so mad at me every time I started a new painting and it wasn't of her! Well- I have been meaning to do another portrait of her for a long time now.

This one went a little more slowly than the last one- over 6 hours.
But it was nice to sit at my easel all day.

The lighting in my ref was weird, top-down, I probably shouldn't have used it.

I love the simplicity of basic materials.
9x12





2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. Of course you have to consider your subject. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a gorgeous portrait of an absolutely gorgeous young lady. You really captured her inner and outer beauty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!