This morning Daya woke me up at 4:30-something to tell me the news that Dr. Mars is stepping down as principal at Laguardia. (This was not worth waking me up for...)
It made the Wall Street Journal.
I am glad that Daya's high school years there won't be shadowed by this negativity and controversy.
But as the article says at the end, Dr Mars and her policies really haven't had a detrimental effect on the phenomenal ability in that school.
It made the Wall Street Journal.
I am glad that Daya's high school years there won't be shadowed by this negativity and controversy.
But as the article says at the end, Dr Mars and her policies really haven't had a detrimental effect on the phenomenal ability in that school.
*****
Also, Daya made a cake on Sunday. From scratch. She was very proud of it and it really is a lovely cake.
I asked her if she took a picture of the cake and she said no. So I said I was going to.
To which she said, "When you put it on your blog make sure to say I ran out of frosting."
I was surprised she mentioned my blog... she knows about it but doesn't read it because I won't let her. It isn't something we really talk about. She remembers the weirdest stuff sometimes, she remembers things I told her maybe once a long time ago.
So the fact she mentioned it means she wanted me to put it here, so I did.
So in that spirit, she got a 92 on the Algebra regents and a 98 on Science regents which was the highest score in her class.

Congratulations on your great scores on your tests. Love that cake. Of course you would put it on here. It is darling just like her. Odd that she would wake you at such an hour.
ReplyDeleteI've always been an early bird so 4:30 am is the usual time I get up in the morning. I do get to bed before 10 though most nights. In saying that, if you usually get up later, it could have waited. I hope Dr Mars' replacement will be better.
ReplyDeleteNice cake, Daya! And well done on your high scores!