Yesterday Jin texted me there is a plein air thing in Inwood that spans three days for the summer solstice.
I couldn't go because I was at the art students league workshop, but since I was planning ot paint today anyhow, I went up to Fort Tryon park.
When I got to the park I did not see any other painters, so I just chose a spot and set up to paint.
When I was almost-but-not-quite-done a lady came up to me who happened to be the organizer of the event! The person I had been looking for. It was nice of her to come find me, especially since she didn't know about me!
There is more painting tomorrow in Inwood, and i'll go up and paint, maybe find some more people.
I brought my galkyd lite but I am not sure if I like it or not.This is always my issue when I try using an actual medium instead of solvent outdoors. I can't decide if I like it.
11x14 oil
I couldn't go because I was at the art students league workshop, but since I was planning ot paint today anyhow, I went up to Fort Tryon park.
When I got to the park I did not see any other painters, so I just chose a spot and set up to paint.
When I was almost-but-not-quite-done a lady came up to me who happened to be the organizer of the event! The person I had been looking for. It was nice of her to come find me, especially since she didn't know about me!
There is more painting tomorrow in Inwood, and i'll go up and paint, maybe find some more people.
I brought my galkyd lite but I am not sure if I like it or not.This is always my issue when I try using an actual medium instead of solvent outdoors. I can't decide if I like it.
11x14 oil
Yellowstone Box
So now that Daya is graduating 8th grade she's officially a grown-up and everything I say annoys her.
Seriously, I came home from painting today and was in a good mood, I said hi, because I want to interact with my teenager and chat but she just got annoyed because she doesn't like my good-mood voice. Which stings, I don't want to be annoying for just being myself.
In her perspective she thinks I think she's 7 years old.
I do not think she is 7 years old but she doesn't understand that one can be light and still be a grownup.
She wants to be all Dark and Serious all the time, and I miss her. I miss her being fun and goofy, she is with other people, just not me anymore. Daya has a fantastic sense of humor and I love her goofy fun self.... but I never see it anymore, I miss it and that makes me sad.


I love your sketch. I hope you find other artists to work near next time.
ReplyDeleteDaya is just growing up. They can be so annoying, exasperating. You probably won't do anything to suit her until she is about 24 years old, lived on her own a while and has tasted life.