Yesterday I went out painting in Riverside Park for a change.
I got off the train at 96th street and out of nowhere felt really hungry.
I was thinking about that while walking west, and then encountered this wonderful place which was awesome and perfect:
I got off the train at 96th street and out of nowhere felt really hungry.
I was thinking about that while walking west, and then encountered this wonderful place which was awesome and perfect:
Then I went into the park and got a little lost with how to get where I wanted to get, and Drusilla helped because she is permanently UWS no matter where she lives.
My re-configured schlep worked extremely well and I am very happy with it.
I stopped using palette paper and in my large box am using the palette directly in the box.
It all worked very well.
11x14 oil, about 2 hours
I had traveled down the park from 96th street down to 78th street.
As I was walking out I found this Tunnel of Dark Death:
I wondered if I could go through it.
To be honest I kind of wanted to.
As I was standing, texting Dru to see if I could go through it, a Lost Tourist Group was wondering the same thing.
They went in.
They came back out quickly.
A super-friendly park ranger with a headlight hat drove by and gave them super-friendly directions to get out of the park.
They were the exact same directions Dru gave me.
He said hello to me and I told him I like the headlight hat. I told him, gesturing, "You could even go in there with that!"
He said that's exactly what it was for because the headlights on his park vehicle didn't work in the tunnel.
I still kind of want to go in there.
I also want a headlight hat.
***********
I couldn't interact with Daya from Thursday afternoon until Friday night.
I was too angry and upset.
I needed space.
We talked and are moving on from this, and I think- even though I had already told her clearly- now that she wasn't in the middle of her own inner conflict she was able to hear me.
I did write a (polite) note to the studio about it, I didn't think it would do any good and I was correct.
No one is willing to look at this from my parental point of view, no one cares that I clearly said no, several times again on Thursday both to Daya and to her teacher, no one acknowledges that there is any issue, and pursuing it further is completely pointless.
There is nothing further I can do.
I can't and would not do something like pull Daya out of competition, that would be a super-shitty thing to do and I won't do that.
Today is Sunday and I'm still feeling upset.
The only remedy for it is to stop thinking about it.
Yet it lingers and feels unpleasant.
I really like this sketch. I would be like you and want to go into through the tunnel but I would want a BIG lantern. ha... Chicken me.
ReplyDeleteLet it go, let it go, let it go........