topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, June 24, 2019

Painting with Sid

Sid came to visit me and we went out painting all day.
I got two paintings done, it has been a long time since I did 2 paintings in one day!

Here is the first, about 2 hours right on the edge of The Ramble.
10x12 on a panel Sid made for me.



We walked around and eventually ended up down at the Carousel.
This took just under 2 hours, a year ago it prob would have taken me three hours.
I'm very happy with this painting, it is difficult plein air subject matter

8x10 oil



******
I ordered a new computer and another monitor and a new desk.
My old desk was a relic from my first apartment.  My ex found it on the street in perfect condition.
It had storage and was made of wood and - while a nice desk to be honest, it has run its course and I am very glad to be getting a refresh.

Of course I'm still messing with my old system, I got some different error stuff last night that looks somewhat promising, but what I'll end up doing is just putting the hard drive in as a second hard drive into the new system.  The drive itself is fine according to the gazillion CHKDSK commands I ran.  I know the disk is fine, but Windows is a total mess.  It hasn't been right since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7, and I think a recent update just killed it.... which is consistent with the repair loop I am stuck in.

All in all it is ok, I knew this was coming. When I am up and running I'll feel good about the whole thing. It will be nice to have a gpu that is actually compatible with Windows 10 that doesn't require a dedicated desk fan blowing on it so it doesn't overheat due to the incompatibility.

Also, I now want a mug that says:


                                                           bootrec /fixmbr
                                                           bootrec /fixboot
                                                           bootrec /rebuildbcd

2 comments:

  1. How nice that you treated yourself to a new desk and computer. I don't know any tech stuff. I ask my DB if he can't figure out what goes on I have to go to a technician. UGH... Computers are great if they work.
    You were on a roll with your painting. I love the big rock. Both are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paintings!

    I tried the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and found I couldn't even open File Explorer so changed right back to 7. My computer just wasn't capable of handling Windows 10. I will end up getting a new computer when this one eventually dies. No doubt, you will love the new computer, monitor and desk once you are used to them.



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!