They were at a formal event venue, it was Very Formal, certainly not like the 8th grade dance Ihad in the school cafeteria.
Hair, outfit, alterations, nails, the works.
It was expensive and I had to take care of a lot of the details which was a bit tiring.
But this was Daya's very first actual formal affair, and she looked great and had a good time.
These are pictures Daya took and posted on her Instagram account.
********
Fun story about dance and Prom.....
Competition is at the beginning of August and the studio was trying to get some rehearsals together before school ends and everyone leaves for camp. There was no school on Thursday (Prom day) and they emailed everyone Tuesday afternoon to schedule an hour and a half rehearsal because they just found out there was no school.
I said Daya can't go, she is getting ready for Prom. They could have her in the morning before she goes to the salon but not after.
They emailed me back saying double check with her that she can't make it, it wont be a sweaty rehearsal and her hair should hold up (HAHAHAHAHAHA) and she should still have plenty of time (um no)....
And I had to write them back saying Daya cannot go to a dance rehearsal in the middle of getting ready for Prom. I really had to write that.
I love the studio but honesty that was completely ridiculous. The only proper answer to "She's going to Prom" is "Ok have a great time!" .... not try to still get her in a dance rehearsal.
Fun story about dance and Prom.....
Competition is at the beginning of August and the studio was trying to get some rehearsals together before school ends and everyone leaves for camp. There was no school on Thursday (Prom day) and they emailed everyone Tuesday afternoon to schedule an hour and a half rehearsal because they just found out there was no school.
I said Daya can't go, she is getting ready for Prom. They could have her in the morning before she goes to the salon but not after.
They emailed me back saying double check with her that she can't make it, it wont be a sweaty rehearsal and her hair should hold up (HAHAHAHAHAHA) and she should still have plenty of time (um no)....
And I had to write them back saying Daya cannot go to a dance rehearsal in the middle of getting ready for Prom. I really had to write that.
I love the studio but honesty that was completely ridiculous. The only proper answer to "She's going to Prom" is "Ok have a great time!" .... not try to still get her in a dance rehearsal.


Such a pretty young lady. She cleans up beautifully!. :)
ReplyDelete