topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, July 02, 2023

Choose Your Own Bullshit

Daya actually showed up for boathouse orientation! She rode my old bike in.


I love this bike, I have had it since I was 12 years old.
I waited a year to get it, because my sister got her 10 speed bike when she was 12 so I also had to wait until I was 12.

Yeah, looking back that's pretty messed up.
That was literally the only reason I had to wait an entire year to get a bike, so I would be the same age as my sister when she got hers.

I also had a massive HUGE blowout fight with my mother to get this bike to New York, many years ago.

And I'm glad my daughter uses it.
She's not allowed to leave it anywhere, it will get all or partially stolen in 5 minutes.
I actually did just get Daya a folding bike to commute.  Locking my bike up properly- which is really only a deterrent- is most of the cost of just getting a folding bike.  And it's a good idea for Daya to have another commuting option.

I LOVE that my bike went to the boathouse!!!

*************
I patched.
It was better than not patching.
For the most part people didn't act too inconsiderate or dumb.
Some people still think my medical stuff is their business.
But they knew I was looking at them at least.


I spent all day fitting life jackets.
Weirdly, that is very tiring and my shoulder is sore from tightening the straps.

*************
We had a HUGE STORM and New Jersey completely disappeared!!
Or... did WE disappear???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!