I guess for most of the country, when they have a heavy task such as bringing a bunch of books to The Strand to sell, they just put everything in the car and go.
Not in NYC!
Kedrin cleaned out her bookcases and had many heavy books to get to The Strand.
She lives in Brooklyn.
I told her I'd bring my Costco cart and a hiking backpack to help.
And that's what I did today.
I took three trains an hour and a half to Brooklyn with the Big Cart.
We loaded up the cart, walked three train stops away from Kedrin to have an elevator, and got off at Union Square.
Neither of us realized THERE IS NO ELEVATOR AT UNION SQUARE FROM THE 4/5/6 PLATFORM. Weirdly, there is one to street level.
This city is a dismal embarrassing failure when it comes to accessibility.
So we transferred books into 2 hiking backpacks and did the schlepp up the stairs.
It was absolutely ridiculous.
She took me out to lunch after, which was really nice.
My cart has never been further than across the street!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!