Kedrin and I headed off today to the lake house in PA again.
She is pet-sitting for her landlady & family, and they left the car and said "Go to the lake house if you want." So that's what we are doing.
It's about a three hour drive.
The dog sat on the cat for about half the way, then we rescued Kit.
When we got to PA, the first stop was Amish produce.
I got these zucchs for Daya, since that comprises about 60% of her diet.
It was so nice to be back!
I love this lake.
So the cat... KitKat....... this Kat is desperate to escape. We know this.
He doesn't go far and also he is super friendly and easy to handle.... but while we were making dinner he escaped.
And we didn't figure it out for.... we don't know how long, but it was a while.
Like he-could-be-anywhere-in-the-woods long time.
HOW did he escape?
As it turns out, he can open the front door if it isn't locked.
Yeah.
So.... we didn't panic... it was more of that oh shit...... suspended feeling.
We knew he would come back eventually, that wasn't the problem.
The problem was coyotes and bears and everything else that can injure and kill a fearless Kat.
I prayed a lot.
Kedrin is an atheist so I'm assuming she did not, but whatever we did jointly to get this cat back worked.
Because her land-people are quite fond of their cat and.... oh my god how could we go back to Brooklyn without their Kat?
This on our first night of vacation.
We walked around.
Kedrin finally spotted him in the tall grass by the dock, where I had looked three times.
Once we recovered Kit, we felt very relieved and had dinner, which I made.
Nachos and a lovely salad.
Oh KitKat, you gave us such a fright, and you don't even care!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!